- Low Cost Digital Cable Length Meter / TDR
- Built-in Tone Generator for Cable
- Tracing & Identification
- Compact, Ergonomic Design - weighs less than 8 oz.
- Simple Operation with Automatic Distance Display
- Internal Library of 39 Standard Cable Types
- Suitable for testing all types of Communication Cables
- One Year Warranty
The NEW Triplett TDR is a hand-held Digital Cable Length Meter / TDR Fault Locator designed to both measure the length of copper communication cables and distance to a fault. Advanced signal processing techniques enable it to identify opens and short circuits, and directly indicate the fault distance on an alpha-numeric LCD. An internal library of standard cable types enables accurate measurement on communication cables without the necessity of entering Velocity of Propagation (VOP) information. For non-standard cables, the VOP is adjustable from 0-99%. The Triplett TDR incorporates an oscillating tone generator, that is detectable with a standard tone probe such as the Triplett Hound or Hound 2 Probe, for use in the tracing and identification of pairs within a cable. Housed in a tough ABS plastic case and supplied complete with test leads and a protective tool-belt holster, the Triplett TDR is designed and manufactured to international standards for quality, safety, and reliability.